Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 100:ABA


Joshwa’s therapy is ABA or Applied Behavioral Analysis which according to this site means that approach teaches social, motor, and verbal behaviors as well as reasoning skills (1). ABA treatment is especially useful in teaching behaviors to children with autism who may otherwise not “pick up” these behaviors on their own as other children would.

Joshwa’s teacher is Teacher Thomas his old teacher. We went back to him despite the fact that he’s a bit pricey because Joshwa already knows him and I didn’t  want to be at the mercy of a therapy center who  will suddenly send a new therapist without prior notice.
That will really wreak havoc on Joshwa and his schedule.
He knows this therapist already so we decided to just stick to him. True enough the teacher went to work right away. There was little adjustment
that was needed to be done on Joshwa’s part.He is also Joshwa’s Aqua Therapy Teacher.
My mom asked me how will I pay for the therapist? I didn’t know how to answer her. But the Lord will provide that I know. We’ve been doing this therapy for 1 year and God is so great. He touched the heart of my dad to help us cover Joshwa’s therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment